Fall 2020 Update
Due to restrictions placed by the university, we are unable to offer our usual set of lab membership benefits for this quarter. Anything involving our IEEE lab, including access to our 3D printers and soldering stations, in-person project sessions, and our weekly office hours, will be suspended for this quarter (or at least until further notice).
However, we still plan to offer our full set of guided projects (taught online), workshops, and events, for this quarter! We want to keep building the IEEE community while we’re all remote. To help with this, for the Fall 2020 quarter, there will be no lab membership fee to participate in guided projects!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of our officers.
Become a Lab Member!
Membership has lots of perks! You can access our lab (which has a 3D printer, soldering stations, parts, etc.), participate in guided group projects (like the LED Cube and Portable Speaker), access fun events (like our annual Beach BBQ), and more!
View the lab rules here.
Here’s a table showing the perks of being a member!
|Member Benefits||Member||Lab Member|
|Access to Workshops and Events|
|IEEE Resume Book|
|Other Lab Resources|
|Build Your Own Arduino|
|LED Word Clock|
Pricing and Purchase Information
There will be no lab membership fees for Fall 2020! See the message on the top of this page.
Lab memberships for the 2019-2020 school year are $30 if purchased before October 31, 2019, and $35 after October 31, 2019.
Lab memberships are valid for one academic year (Fall to Spring quarters). Lab memberships can only be purchased for UCSB students, and use of lab member benefits requires an ACCESS card.
You can purchase a lab membership via the following methods:
- Online, using a valid credit or debit card, via our online store (Coming Soon!).
- Online, using Venmo, by sending money to @ucsbieee with your full name, email address, and PERM Number, in the description.
- Please make your transaction private to avoid exposing your personal information.
- In person, by paying cash to an IEEE officer at any official meeting or lab office hour.
- In person, using a valid credit or debit card, by attending Emily O’Mahony’s office hours.